MEMBER SINCE August 22, 2010
Started by writing ridiculous comments, graduated to writing ridiculous articles, now a senior editor/op-ed guy/podcast co-host. Essentially my whole thing is finding absurd or unaddressed stories tangentially related to Ohio State sports and then making jokes about them for 750-1000 words every week. It's fun!
- SPORTS MOMENT: On a school bus after a swim meet, surrounded by my teammates as we watched the 2002-2003 Championship Game on a 3 inch portable TV screen.
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER: Braxton Miller was the most consistently jaw-dropping player I've ever seen. He's my favorite.
- COLLEGE BASKETBALL PLAYER: Danny Fortson was my hero as a kid and I stand by that.
- NFL TEAM: I am begrudgingly aligned with the Bengals.
- NHL TEAM: The Blue Jackets are my kind of mediocre.
- MLB TEAM: The Reds are my lifeblood; bad news for my blood.
- SOCCER TEAM: Hell yeah I'll go to a Crew game once a decade!
lmbo i kind of hope that was actually the case. also thanks, my hair is doing okay for an almost 38 year old with a 16 month old son
nah i do what i want
It’s fascinating to me the desire to dismiss a team’s 2nd half performance as if it is immaterial to the overall performance of the team. If anything, being able to close out a game has been Michigan’s major weakness against good teams until last year.
they're also playing really, really bad offenses. the point isn't that they've outscored opponents 117-3 in the second half (which, yes, is impressive), it's that it's also been completely necessary for them to outscore opponents 117-3 in the second half. this is living on the edge against offenses with a pulse, because if they find themselves down a couple of scores, they're going to have to try and pass their way back into a game. which they don't appear capable of doing.
thanks for reading, see you next week
brain fart, ty